Surfing is a sport, and like any other sport, there is a great variety of excercises that can improve your performance.
Specially designed to boost functional strength, increase endurance and make you a stronger and more fluid surfer, Oasis Fitness for surfing sessions are a great complement to your surf lessons.
Surfing uses a combination of both your aerobic and anaerobic energy system. In order to improve your cardiovascular fitness for surfing, you need to improve both of these systems simultaneously.
Fitness sessions are conducted by a professional instructor and adapted to all levels and ages. All material is provided during the lesson, every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 8pm.
It is an additional free of cost activity proposed twice a week for all customers booking 1 week package or more.
Oasis Fitness for surfing involves:
1. FLEXIBILITY & BALANCE EXERCICES: essential part of any surfer´s regime. Enhancing your flexibility and your balance increases your joint´s potential to allow a more effective range of movements for surfing.
2. BASIC CORE TRAINING: based on aiding performance and injury prevention, core muscles are responsible for your overall physical condition.
3. PLYOMETRIC SESSIONS: to improve your speed and agility in all surfing steps.
4. AEROBIC TRAINING: to boost your fitness condition, we include running sessions around the nice and quiet area of Rinconada.
5. STRENGTH TRAINING: using resistance bands, Swiss ball and free weights exercises to strength all specific muscles involved on surfing.