Available from July 29th until August 5th 2017
Last day to book your Barra Surf Retreat: July 8th 2017
Barra de la Cruz is a small town on the Southern Pacific coast of Mexico, just 2 hours south of Puerto Escondido. This beach town is solitary and surrounded by nature.
“Perfect, gentle, and uncrowded right waves during the summer makes it an ideal location for an extended surf trip”
We find that surfers from begginers, intermediate, and even advance level enjoy their time here, as it is remote, beautiful and with with soft waves.
UP DATED Itinerary:
Saturday, July 29th – Arrival, airport pick up from Puerto Escondido Airport. First 3 nights in Puerto Escondido, in a private suite or private apartment in La Barca Surf House.
Sunday, July 30th – First Surf lesson in Puerto Escondido, in the morning. Meet the group and the surf instructors. Evening gathering to present Barra de la Cruz and talk about the itinerary of the Surf Trip.
Monday, July 31st-
Watch the WSL “Big Waves Puerto Escondido Challenge” to be runned on that day.
In the afternoon, surf lesson and fitness activities in the evening.
Tuesday August 1st
Early surf lesson and in the evening at 7:00pm fitness activities.
Wednesday 2nd of August,
6:00 am morning departure to Barra de la Cruz. Arrival to Barra in the morning, time to setle down in the surf cabins, breakfast time and surf lesson in the mid morning. Pictures taken of the session.
Lunch at 2pm and time for relaxation. At 3pm 1.5 hours of spanish lessons, group lesson, Begginers – Intermediate group level, “Survival Spanish, 3 days course”. (optional class)
Afternoon free surf session.
7:00pm Sunset Yoga / Stretch. After yoga, watch the pictures of the day.
Thursday, August 3rd –
7am: Early breakfast and morning surf lesson.Pictures of the session.
At 12pm Time for lunch and relaxation.
At 3pm: 1.5 hours of spanish lessons, group lesson, Begginers – Intermediate group level, “Survival Spanish, 3 days course”. (optional class) .
AfternoonTime for free surf after the Spanish class.
At 7pm, Sunset Yoga in the beach. After yoga, watch the pictures of the day.
Friday, August 4th – Day Surf Trip to a secret surf spot 1 hour from Barra de la Cruz.
7:00am Early breakfast and departure. Arrival to the secret spot and surf lesson with photo session. After the class, relaxing time and Spanish lesson. “Survival Spanish, 3 days course”. (optional class) .
Afternoon free surf session and return to Barra.
7:00pm Sunset – Sunset Yoga stretch and
8:00pm, Dinner time, watching the pictures of the day.
Saturday, August 5th – Early breakfast and morning surf lesson.
12:00pm Time for lunch, relax and pack the bags.
3:00pm: Bags packed, time for afternoon surf session.
6:00pm Yoga stretch and departure.
Arrival to Puerto Escondido at 9pm, Surf Camp finishes.
- 7 nights of accommodation: 4 night in a private suite or small apartment in La Barca or Mangos Surf House, and 3 nights of accommodation in a the Surf Camp in Barra de la Cruz (room with 2 beds, shared accommodation, sleeps 2 people).
- Breakfast and lunch from Wednesday, August 2nd until Satrurday, August 5th. On Friday August 4th (Surf Trip Day) breakfast and dinner are included, not lunch.
- 7 Surf lessons ,3 surf lesson in Puerto and 4 surf lessons in Barra de la Cruz.
- Surfboard rental during 4 days (from Wednesday August 4th until Saturday, August 5th)
- 3 days Spanish course, group class (begginers – intermediate level) with all of the material included for the course, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday .
- 4 Sunset yoga classes.
- Surf Trip to a Secret Spot on Friday, Day Trip , surf lesson, free surf session and photos.
- 4 Photo sessions, 3 in Barra de la Cruz and one in the Secret Surf Spot.
- Coaching sessions every day to analize the pictures.
- Transportation, round trip, from Puerto Escondido to Barra de la Cruz on the specified dates.
What is not included:
- Dinners in Barra (except for Friday August 5th)
- Meals from Saturday, July 29th until Tuesday August 1st.
- Surfboard ding repair in case you damage your surfboard during the afternoon free surf sessions.
- Lunch on Friday August 5th.
For Bookings, please contact us!