Yoga and surf are a great complement to each other. More than a sport or a discipline, they are both a way of living. We love to announce this 2 weeks program of Surf & Yoga at the Oasis Camp
FROM july 17th until july 28th
This Surf & Yoga reatreat is similar to the all-in surf week package with the difference that, in addition to the surfing lessons there is complete yoga program focused on body strength and flexibility.
- ACCOMMODATION: fully equipped suite or private apartment with all utilities including wifi, cleaning service, swimming pool, common area and terrace. Our Surf Houses are near the center and at a walking distance from the school, the beach and cozy bars and restaurants. Learn more about our accomodation options here.
- SURF LESSONS: 2 hours of semi-private tuition (up to 2 students per instructor) covering both theory and practice and on an ample schedule every day of the week from Monday to Saturday. Surf lessons are conducted by professional and experienced instructors, both in English and Spanish, and for all levels and ages. The weekly package includes 5 surf lessons. Learn more about our crew here.
- YOGA CLASSES: specifically designed to enhance your surfing performance, classes are conducted by a professional yoga instructor and adapted to all levels and ages. Our program was designed to increase your strength and flexibility on the board, improve your posture and breathing as well as working on your patience and general inner wellness. The package offers yoga classes every evening, at sunset time, from Monday to Friday.
- TOP QUALITY EQUIPMENT and TRANSPORTATION: Hand and heart made Roger Ramirez surf boards and a school rash guard is included during all your lessons. All material is sponsored by professional surf brand Volcom. Transportation from the school to the beach with the best-learning conditions of the day is also included! Find out about our surf boards here.
- PHOTO OR VIDEO SESSION: At the end of each week, the School will take a photographer to record the morning surf session. All of the material captured will be used for the Friday coaching class and given, free of cost, to the each student. You just need to bring a USB memory card!.
- FREE COACHING SESSION: Every Friday evening students and instructors will gather at La Barca Surf House to watch the pictures and videos of the previous day. Surf instructors will make the proper corrections to each student and give useful tips in order to keep progressing in their surfing skills. These sessions are supervised by Roger Ramirez. Students will participate in a group review in order to benefit from the best orientation and analysis about their evolution as a surfer. Find out more about our coach sessions here.
- SURPRISE ME EVENT: additional free of cost activities, such as city tours and cultural excursions to explore the culture in real environments are offered to students booking a Spanish week package or more. We will confirm a different activity every week. These activities have 1 hour of duration and they are a great way of getting to know Puerto Escondido, it´s surroundings and the mexican culture. Learn more about these activities here
- VALID CERTIFICATE: a school diploma level stating your board size, visited spots, gained skills and final level attained will close-up your program and certify your progress.
Get to know your Yoga instructor
Kiara McBain has many years of experiencie as a yoga and general fitness instructor. She has been teaching yoga since 2011 in different Yoga studios in California, corporate offices, yoga retreats and resorts in other countries as well. Kiara is a good surfer herself, so she has develope a program where her personal approach to yoga uses a keen understanding of anatomy and physiology to repair the overall person. Her knowledge and experience in these two disciplines will help you feel better, surf better and enjoy this amazing 2 weeks experience with us.
For more information about Kiara, look for: www.kiarafit.com
Kiara ia a